Friday, August 8, 2008

Protect Yourself From Identity Theft

The fear that I’ll become the next identity theft victim is eating me alive.

The Federal Trade Commission (FDC) estimates that as many as 9 million Americans have their identities stolen each year. Once a person becomes an identity theft victim everything will never be the same again.

When I read in the news that 11 people were charged by Federal prosecutors for theft and sale of more than 40million credit and debit card numbers in the US I was relieved but not completely so. I know there are still some bad elements out there lurking around for their next victim.

I think the worse thing that can happen in my life is if somebody steals my identity. It will not only affect me but my family as well. If I will become a victim of identity theft (knock on wood) I’ll do everything in my power to prove that I’m not guilty and I have everything to show that I’m a responsible consumer.

A proactive attitude towards safeguarding our identity is important. At Lifelock they educate the consumers on how to become proactive. For only $10/month, Lifelock will protect your identity and personal information. Enroll now and give yourself a peace of mind.